Sunday, January 20, 2008

That's what big sisters are for


Makenna is our little conniving one. She is just ALWAYS into something. Poor Ellie has had to learn the word "don't" out of necessity to get her sister to stop tormenting her. Well, back in December, the day we were going to fly out to Washington for my dad's surprise birthday party, I was really busy packing and getting everything ready to go. Makenna and Ellie were playing and being surprisingly quiet - which should have been a warning all in it's self, but I was not going to look into it because I was actually getting stuff done. Well, it was about 1 minute until I needed to leave to get Britlyn from school, so I call out to Makenna so we can go... she walked out of the pantry with a huge smile on her face and said, "Mommy, look at Ellie!" Out comes Ellie, and she is covered, I mean covered, in cinnamon. Now, I don't have time to stick her in the bath because we probably should have already left to get Britlyn. I wanted to be upset at first with Makenna for doing that to her little sis, but it looked so funny too, I couldn't help but laugh. So instead of get upset, I decided to just get out my camera and have a good laugh about it. Then I took Ellie over to the kitchen sink and got out the sprayer and sprayed off her poor little head. I think we were only a few minutes late getting Britlyn.

1 comment:

Tracey Kendall said...

lol...oh my...i am glad you got out your camera. I do that alot to. When l see something that l do that l know will make me mad l grab my camera snap a picture, and remember they are kids :)