Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Very Own Personal Tornado

Yep, I've got to be the luckiest person alive. I have my very own tornado - and like all terrible storms it's even has a female name - Ellie. Saturday I decided to document her day of destruction. I was happy to see my little tornado did not disappoint! First stop was in my bedroom. The once potted plant was her first victim.

If you look closely, you can actually see her dumping the dirt all over the floor.

This is her very dramatic reaction to the words "no no."

Next stop was the pantry. The strawberry milk looked just too good to pass up.

Now Makenna's Easter candy - really though, can you blame her?

Here's the remains of the chocolate and carmel she was chewing on - well, spitting anyway. She wanted to leave her mark around the pool table, so she left little globs of chocolate, carmel and spit all around it on the floor.

Back to the pantry.

Oatmeal, always a favorite to spill on the floor. Luckily the container was almost gone, so not too much on the floor.

Most days I feel like I am running around constantly, but when I look around it doesn't seem like I've gotten anything done. Now at least I have proof I actually do something! On top of all this I managed to take all three girls grocery shopping, feed them, do an absurd amount of laundry, and take Britlyn & Makenna to the movie Horton Hears a Who. What a day. Here's my monstrous pile of laundry. I do have to say though that I love my little tornado, I'll just be glad when she's big enough to clean up her own destruction!
Now, just in case the pile in the top left corner looked small, here's a better shot of it.

13 comments:

the herd said...

NOEL!! Can't you control your own children!! Now with three you are out numbered! Your poor husband, can't he give you some boys to help out on the mess! It's funny about the tornado name because we just named the children hurricane, twister, cyclone and earthquake man...together they are the Natural Disasters!!

Tracey Kendall said...

lol...okay thanks for making me laugh and smile...i love it...boy you have your hand so full...Good luck to you :)

Pulsiphers said...

That is so funny, I can't believe how much she got into. I'm sorry you need a massage.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Ummm..yeah..know all about those little tornados..I have two of them myself..cute stuff though..you'll be glad you have these one day.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea...to document the disasters...i have a 17 mo. old and it is almost funny the way they go from one mess off to find a new one to create....

your Ellie is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Hi. I'm Jennifer. I enjoy your photography. I'm happy to see everyday messes in somebody else's home. What a busy little gal!

I recently was taking pictures of my daughter's disasters and my son asked, "Mom, do you LIKE taking pictures of messes?"

Amanda said...

Holy Cow! I got tired just reading this post. Fun stuff though! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed and laughed. Your day looks/sounds SOOOOO much like mine!! I love that you photographed it all though, what a funny thing to look back on in ten years time.

Terah said...

I totally feel your pain! I have 3...three years and younger.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

swampbaby said...

This looks so familiar........

Heidi said...

Noel, don't remind me about the messes two year olds make. Yikes. I will enjoy my seven month old while he isn't moving.