Sunday, March 2, 2008

We're done for

This is a little late, but that's pretty much how I always am with my blog. There's a little boy in Britlyn's class that she has a crush on, well he has one on her too. So, for Valentine's day she got this from him.


Her first present from a boy, and she's only 5! Really though, it was the cutest thing ever. His dad had told me a couple weeks before that he wanted to get her a special valentine gift and asked if it was alright with me. Of course I didn't care. Britlyn was soooo excited for Valentine's day. The night before, when I was putting her to bed, she said to me, "Mommy, tomorrow I might scream in the car because I will be so excited for Valentine's Day." Well, when I picked her up for school, I asked her if David gave her anything. She said he didn't. I was a little surprised, but figured something else had happened. A minute later his dad walked up to me and asked if David had given it to her, I told him he didn't and he said, "Oh, he's just so shy. I've been trying to coach him all day on giving it to her. He was so excited he got a haircut and everything for today." Then he left to go get his son. I was buckling Ellie into her carseat when I heard, "Go over there and give it to her, and tell her Happy Valentine's Day." Britlyn was already buckled up in her seat, so he walked over to the car, he handed the box to her and said, "Happy Valentine's Day." She said it back to him and then he left. Her face just totally lit up when he gave it to her. He was all smiles too.

No comments: