Saturday, May 12, 2007

Totally Deflated

Last Saturday Jeremy & I went on a date. We had some extra time before Spiderman 3 was to start, so we went Ben & Jerry's for some ice-cream. Well, we're standing in line and Jeremy asks the girl at the cash register, "How old would you guess us to be?" Okay, I know I'm not 23 anymore, and that I've had 3 kids, but... I still feel like I take pretty good care of myself and that I look pretty good for 30 with 3 kids. So, this girls looks at me and says, "I don't know... maybe 40." I just laughed and said, "Nope, I'm 30." Inside I was screaming, "What?! What's wrong with you? Of course I'm not 40, I don't look anything close to 40!" I was totally deflated. Of course, Jeremy only makes it worse, as we're sitting there eating our ice-cream he says, "Don't worry about it babe, I still love you even if you look like you're 40." Then I try to say something about how she's 16 (she told us) and doesn't have a clue what she's saying, and he just says, "If that will make you feel better to think that, go ahead." Now normally I wouldn't really care that much, only Jeremy of course, just has to play on it. He has to make a big deal of it. I am 10 months older than him, so he loves to tease me about how OLD I am. In all fairness, when he asked the girl to guess our ages he did say to her, "How old do you think we are, oh, and she is older than me." Well, people have been telling him he looks like he's in his mid or so 30's for about 8 years, so he told me later he thought she probably guessed his age and then based mine on being older than him. Who knows, doesn't really matter. So what if I look 40, I'm a dang hot 40 year old! :)

I took these yesterday, what do you think, do I look 40?


7 comments:

Tracey Kendall said...

lol....you are so stunning...i would say......25 at the most.
teenager eh?

swampbaby said...

You are one hot mama! :-) You look the same to me as when we were roommates 10 years ago. Honestly.

carin davis said...

I hope I look like that at 40!!!!!!!!! I am not going to hold my breath! You're gorgeous...great self portraits!!

Kellie Larsen said...

40 ? seriously that is ridiculous! I have never thought you have look that old! you look amazing in these pictures!

Tori said...

I woulde been mad too! You dont look even near 40..maybe 25 or so! What was that girl thinking..she high on ice cream fumes? And who answers that question?

Megan said...

Holy Moly! I won't be posting any self potraits of myself after these..Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! You look like you're 21! Those are beautiful pictures! I agree with Carin, I want to look like that when I'm 40!