Monday, February 5, 2007

It's so hard to say good-bye

We've had a few rough days since we moved. Poor Britlyn and Makenna miss their friends - especially Britlyn. She is so sensitive (she gets it from me, I cried at everything as a child). There's been a couple days here that I've had to let her just cry it out in my arms, and then we talk about finding new friends and how she never has to forget her old friends, until she feels better. It breaks my heart. I hate seeing my little girls sad. I know it will just take a little more time and they'll be back into the swing of things and loving it here too. I don't know how many times I've heard, "I don't want to live here anymore. I want to go back to Utah." Where we live doesn't have many kids, so they don't have to opportunity to just go out and make friends in the neighborhood. At least they have each other. One of the last days we were in Utah, we had Amara, one of Britlyn's best friends, over to play for the last time. I snaped this of them all together so my girls could have it in their room and always remember.

4 comments:

Kellie Larsen said...

ohhh! I am sorry your girls are sad..moving is hard but I am sure they will find friends soon!

Tiffany said...

This story actually made me mist up a little bit. It reminded me of how sad I was when Kayla (I don't remember her last name) moved from Kennewick. I remember how painful it was to say goodbye to her and it makes me sad that my little nieces are going through that now.

It will just take time to make new friends. I hope you are doing alright too.

Julie said...

Oh, how sad. They'll make new friends soon though. It is hard to move, even on grown ups. Hope you are doing well.

Time for some fun. I'm tagging you. Come up with 6 weird things about you and link back to my blog if you want to play. Don't forget to tag six more people!

http://thatreddirtroad.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Alright girlie..Tina (spoiledpea) tagged me...I see Julie has already gotten here..but this tag is different...list 6 things that make you happy..and then tag five more people...Link back to my and let me know if your in...